Welfare At Camp Bestival
KEEP YOURSELF & YOUR BELONGINGS SAFE
Camp Bestival is a very safe place to be, but the following standard festival advice is worth taking in nonetheless… better safe than sorry! • We have a welfare area in case you need some respite and there is also be an official meeting point too. Be aware of your surroundings; remember that you are safer in a group
• Look after your belongings – make sure you keep your mobile, iPod and wallet/purse safe and out of sight
• Cashpoints are available on-site
• Don’t leave your drink unattended – even soft drinks can be spiked. Remember, alcohol or drugs can affect your ability to make safe judgments. Drink in moderation to ensure you remain alert and aware of your surroundings
• If you see anything that concerns you or if you see anyone acting suspiciously please speak to the nearest police officer, security or steward – help us make Camp Bestival a safe and pleasant place to be
• We recommend activating the ‘find my phone’ app or similar on your smart phone before coming to the festival Please read some advice from Dorset Police on crime prevention at festivals here. CHILDREN
It goes without saying that your children are your responsibility and you should keep an eye on them and know where they are at all times. All children AND their family members should have a wristband attached to them when they are at Camp Bestival. This is to help us identify that a child belongs to the adult they are with. A parent/minder’s mobile number will also be written on the child’s wristband. If you do not have one, please seek one immediately upon arrival. Please make sure you and your child both wear these wristbands at all times. Please report to the welfare tent if you need a replacement. Parents/minders should download the site map before they depart for Camp Bestival showing where the Kids’ Help and Welfare Tents are. If you find you have been separated from your child, please go to the nearest Kids’ Help Point or to the Welfare Tent. If you find a child that is obviously lost, please stay where you are and get someone else to alert security or go to the nearest Kids’ Help Point or to the Welfare Tent. Please DO NOT TRY AND TAKE THE CHILD ANYWHERE, someone will come to you. Please be reminded that it is an offence for any person to be drunk whilst responsible for a child. We are working closely with Dorset Social Services and Dorset Police to ensure positive action is taken if this offence is identified. Please drink responsibly & remember your responsibilities. TIP: Take a photo of your children on your mobile phone on the morning you depart for Camp Bestival so you have their clothing, hair style, and an up to date photo on hand at all times. TERMS & CONDITIONS
Please note the following terms & conditions which relate to under 18s at Camp Bestival: - Teen Ticket holders must camp in the same location as their families.
- Teen Ticket holders are not allowed in the arena field unaccompanied after 10pm.
- Teen ticket holders must be accompanied by their parent/guardian at all times after 10pm.
- Child Ticket (age 4 & under, 5-9 or 10-12) holders are not allowed in the arena or campsites unaccompanied at any time.